Thursday, September 24, 2009


Soccer, Soccer and more Soccer

Hi guys, how are you doing? I hope you will be fine. Well, in this case I will write about my favorite sport. Well my favorite sport is (obviously) the association football or, in other words, the soccer.
Well, to begin I can say that this sports is one of the most important activities of my life because I have been related to this sport since I was a child. In my infancy I concerned to “flecha verde football club” of my town: Melipeuco. In this club I began in the world of the football. Then I join to the club “Huascar”, this club is one of the most important clubs of Collao. Well then I play in a club of Arauco, too I play in “Huachipato” and now I play in “Ciencias sociales Football club”, this club takes part in the university league of the “Universidad de Chile”. Well, I am fan of the “Colo-Colo” football club, this club if the most important football club of the Chile because this club is the only one that won the “Copa Libertadores”, this competition is the most important competition of the South America. Too this team has the biggest group of fans in the Chilean league. Well that is all.

1 comment:

  1. Good response Javier,

    As you probably know, Soccer has not been so popular in the United States over the years, but I think it is becoming more popular these days. When I moved to Chile I knew almost nothing about it, but now I like watching it. I certainly can´t play, although I wish I could. Maybe in my free time I´ll go kick the ball around to practice.


    Anyway, here are a few grammar comments:

    --"I hope you will be fine" should just be "I hope you are fine"

    --"in other words, the soccer" should just be "soccer" because you are talking about it in general.

    --"In my infancy I concerned to..." should be "In my childhood I joined..." Infancy is only for when you are a very little baby.

    Take care

    Joe

    ReplyDelete